Sunday, January 13, 2013

[Outfit post]: All The Things They Had ♥



John and I went out on a date for a stroll at UP Diliman campus. It's not the typical place to go if you want some sweet quality time together with the boyfriend but I was in the mood for it and he was game. I still couldn't get over the shock of just how huge UP Campus is! I went to FEU for college and it's not even one third of the UP area. Oh well, anyway, in my last post "Sweet Things", I mentioned about sweet, dreamy and sugary things and how I will incorporate those with my outfit. This is my first attempt and I hope I pulled it off.

I actually felt extra quirky and feminine this day so the timing was perfect as well. 





It's true, somebody's trash could be somebody else's treasure. I was too pre-occupied this morning preparing this entire ensemble, laying each piece neatly across my bed, when I realized that almost everything from the get up was thrifted! I got the dress, the blazer and the necklace from the bloggers' booths last December at Bloggers United 4, (see post here), hence the title haha! This cute floral dress was from Vern or Verniece Enciso. My apologies if I could not specify. I got it from their booth and I had no idea whose this was and I didn't even ask. I just grabbed it from beneath the pile of other great looking dresses because I instantly fell in love with the colors and the silhouette. It's so sweet and dainty don't you think? ♥


This cute yummy necklace was bought from Ava Te's booth for only Php 100! The spiked bracelet was a random buy from the market :) The nude blazer was bought from Bea Benedicto's booth. I think Php 300 is a steal! I loved the sheer details on the sleeves. It made the look even sweeter and romantic.


I borrowed this headband from my officemate Ate Clauds! I simply adore all her headbands! She's got tons of all colors and designs and all of them are super duper cute!


This is first and only lace up ankle booties I have in my closet, and I'm loving it so much. I need to stock up on lace booties sometime. :p


This beribboned bag is another hand me down from my aunt! I have all the luck in second hand stuff, yes? haha



The day was so wonderful. There's something about today that I couldn't fully comprehend but it was amazing. I feel so blessed that I'm here, I got to this place with the person I love. I see people all around, jogging with their pet dogs, families eating together on the grass, students playing football, the sunlight that was so hot it could burn your scalp. The breeze was surprisingly chilly still, despite the heat of the sun. I felt like dancing! And that I did!

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,

Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.” 
― William W. Purkey 


headband ; Forever 21 (borrowed)
blazer ; Soiree (thrifted)
floral dress ; thrifted
necklace ; thrifted
socks ; random
shoes ; Chelsea
Photos by John Erick Basilan

I would like to share with you this wonderful quote I've stumbled on the web. This is very inspirational, from Mother Teresa:

“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.” 
― Mother Teresa

God bless everyone ♥
Chiao~
TFG

No comments:

Post a Comment